Gourmet Steak and Grill - Oldham

We visited this place on a very busy Saturday night, queued up for 15 mins outside in the cold. When we finally got in, we had to queue up even longer to get a table. I ordered this original gourmet burger as it looked like the most appetising thing on the menu. It was delivered later than expected but I didn't complain as it looked very appealing.  The burger claimed to have a chicken pattie but I only discovered that halfway through the burger, chicken circumference smaller than the pound coin. For their signature burger, you'd expect it to be perfect... it wasn't. Bun was a shambles, fell apart quicker than most relationships these days. Was by far the hardest burger to eat, I'd have more luck wrestling with a crocodile. 

Going on to the taste. The beef was really well cooked, nothing more I can comment on that. The chicken and cheese combo was also delicious. Chips were not worth mentioning and the portion size was ludicrously small. Slightly disappointed with the overall experience as I think the negatives outweighed the positives and I was not even close to being full, had to grab a quick takeaway later on. 

Rating: 6.5/10

 

Comments

Post a Comment