Grizzlers - Leicester

One of the most recommended places in Leicester situated near the heart of the city. The place is modestly sized seating approximately 20 people at one time. Currently, I can’t make any comments about staff or service as I didn’t have much contact with them. I came in, I ordered and the food arrived in record time ~ around 7 minutes.
I’ll start off with the peri peri wings. They were amazing, asked for it hot and it was definitely feisty. Amazing taste and the wings were cooked perfectly. After devouring the wings before the tray even landed on the table, I set my sights on the burger. The Juicy Lucy stood head and shoulders ahead of all the other selections for me, two patties with molten cheese in the middle. However, as we received the food, I realised we were mislead. There was only ONE patty. I opened up the front camera to see if I looked like a mug, I’d been betrayed. Stab the body and it heals, but injure the stomach and the wound lasts a lifetime. The menu on the front was not the same as the menu when you sat down. False advertising at its finest.
Disappointed, I began to drown my sorrows with the fries, they were standard at best with a few burnt surprises. The chilli sauce was worth mentioning, probably homemade but you’ll either love it or hate it.
Portion size was also below satisfactory and I was left hungry after completing the meal. They really had to over deliver on the burger for me to leave a happy man. The patty had the thickness and curves that you’d expect your dream woman to have. She was “Thic!” After the first few bites, the molten cheese that was somehow smuggled inside the patty poured out in a magical fashion. This cheese completes the burger, the texture was so smooth and I realised why it was named Juicy Lucy. All in all, a great experience but could have been MUCH better.
Rating: 7/10 or 8/10 if that missing patty ever turned up.
 

Comments

Post a Comment