Bombay Bites - Bradford

This place has had very mixed reviews so I was in two minds whether to go here. As most of you know, I like to live life on the edge so of course I tried it out. Upon entry, I nearly slipped and broke my dignity due to a wet floor near the door. Great start. We were greeted and seated immediately. Food was ordered but I had no clue what I was ordering as the menu was literally in a different language. The wait for the food began which allowed me to analyse the decor in more detail. The disabled and female toilets were out of order but as a male, I wasn't bothered. One wall had quotes from famous Bollywood actors about how good the food was; something tells me that they don't even know their faces are being used here. My attention moved to another wall which contained images of the food they offered. A word of advice, use something better than a Nokia 6230i to take these pictures. The samosa chaat arrived first, it was full of flavour and I did enjoy it but I would have liked more samosa in there. After another short wait, the Bombay chicken tikka bites arrived. These were basically chicken pieces coated in a unique Bombay coating; lovely flavour. Onto the mains - The Mighty Burger. Beef patty, fried chicken pieces and a hash brown served with steak cut chips. Overall this burger contained decent ingredients which when combined together, allowed for a surprisingly pleasant experience. My main negative would be that it lacked the juice and also the buns need to hit the gym, they were weak. Overall, a very good experience.

Rating: 7.5/10

  


Comments